Documentation has become an important aspect of everyday life as people become more mobile across countries. If you are only traveling within the United States you likely will not have to deal with getting your documents authenticated. However, if you are traveling outside of the United States and you are intending to use your documents, you need to get your documents authenticated! We often hear that this process can be headache inducing and that is what Washington Express Visas is here for. We want to make this process as easy as possible for you.
Here are our tips and recommendations when it comes to authenticating your documents.
1.Don’t wait until the last minute! It is critical that you have as much time as possible so that there is no chance your trip will be delayed based on obstacles that might come up.
2. Make sure you know what’s required for authenticating your documents in the country you are traveling to. Not all countries have the same requirements. For example, there are differences in what the State Department needs to authenticate versus what Embassy legalization might require.
3. Reach out for help! This process is complicated and complex. At Washington Express Visas, we have people who specialize in the authenticating document process so please connect with us at your earliest convenience!
4. Figure out if you need to authenticate your documents…or not! A few examples of the types of activities you will need to authenticate your document are:
- If you are relocating to another country for temporary or permanent residence
- If you need to verify your role as Power of Attorney while in another country
- If you plan on teaching English as a second language in a foreign school
- If you are planning on marrying in another country and need to show your birth certificate or the birth certificates of your children for visa and residence purposes.
We recognize that authenticating your documents can be arduous and we are here to help! We would hate for you to miss a trip or have to delay your move to another country because you did not authenticate your documents. We want to make the process easier and faster for you.
If you would like to learn more about our authentication and apostille services, call us at 877-675-5571. Please also feel free to contact us for a quote! We would love to help you prepare for your trip and make sure your documents are all set before you leave.